Copyright آ© 2011 Confederation Africaine de Volleyball- All rights reserved
26 February 2013
Entebbe, Uganda, February 26, 2013, Local analysts will find it more challenging to predict tournament outcomes in the entire 2013 Beach Volleyball season as more and more players advance in their tactical play by the day. The 1st leg of the Club National Beach Volleyball Tour witnessed a bumper entry of 39 pairs with 24 women’s teams and 15 men’s teams at Lido beach, Entebbe ultimately revealing many good games at the elimination stage with a several tie-break moments.
Prossy Alobo’s steady pairing with Nakalema Hafsa paid off after all, when they brought down a seasoned duo of Nammanda Josephine and Agaba Diana in the women’s final 2-1 (16-21, 21-18, 15-5). The Alobo’s had earlier at semifinal seen off youthful Alupo Christine and Busingye Peace in straight sets 2-0 (21-17, 21-15) while their ultimate opponents too stopped the upcoming pair of Amuron Eunice and Luwedde Bitijuma in a close tie-break 2-1 (21-16, 19-21, 15-12) in the other semifinal.
In the men’s category, Emma Kato returned with a bang this time round paired with a composed but lethal Dheyongera Nicholas to bag the season opener in a crowd tingling final that got them recovering in the second set to rally for the tie-break with an overall scoring of 2-1 (21-14, 19-21, 15-11). This might be the pairing of choice this year for both Kato and Dheyongera who seem to be holding the untamed winning formula, at least for now. The Omedo’s on the other hand evaded a determined onslaught from Uganda’s Under-21 national team of Elanyu Emma and Okurut John Mark in a three set semifinal winning 2-1 (21-14, 20-22, 15-4). The U21 side put up a spirited game, impressing the technical team in regard to their oncoming international duty when the African Under 21 World Cup qualifiers start next month.
On the other hand, Asimire Adela and Agaba Astride stood out from the swarm in the women’s Series-B innings teams, beating Kamede Grace and Akol Barbara in a direct-sets final 2-0 (21-19, 21-13) to top an eight team women’s crew.
The 1st Vice President, Uganda Volleyball Federation, Godwin Ssenyondo presided over the awards ceremony. The Nile Breweries sponsored tour returns on the 28th of April 2013 with the 2nd leg.
Meanwhile Uganda's representatives at the Bora Bora Beach Volleyball International in Burundi, Buyungo Shilla & Nambasa Margaret as well as Otim Dickens & Okello Ambrose both settled for fourth position in the women's and men's category respectively.
* Nakalema Hafsa / Alobo Prossy beat Aketch Vivianne / Pajije Sharon 2-0 (21-17, 21-15)
* Alupo Christine / Busingye Peace beat Tabitha Mercy / Achieng Jackie 2-1 (22-20, 14-21, 15-12)
* Amuron Eunice / Luwedde Bitijuma beat Nnungi Saidat / Mwamula Maureen 2-1 (15-21, 21-18, 15-7)
* Nammanda Josephine / Agaba Diana beat Okecho Alice / Nuwagaba Sophie 2-0 (21-19, 21-16
* Nsubuga Hannington / Omedo Isaac beat Lakony Tonny / Kamugasha Pirrelinos
* Elanyu Emma / Okurut John Mark beat Rugaba Emma / Ahabwe Mike
* Kato Emma / Dheyongera Nicholas beat Kawenyera Johnson / Olila Jacobs (2-1) 21-10, 21-15
* Ainebyona Amon / Mwenyi Mathew beat Nsereko Deo / Bbaale Henry (2-0) 21-18, 21-19
* Nakalema Hafsa / Alobo Prossy beat Alupo Christine / Busingye Peace (2-0) 21-17, 21-15
* Nammanda Josephine / Agaba Diana beat Amuron Eunice / Luwedde Bitijuma (2-1) 21-16, 19-21, 15-12
* Nsubuga Hannington / Omedo Isaac beat Elanyu Emma / Okurut John Mark (2-1) 21-14, 20-22, 15-4
* Kato Emma / Dheyongera Nicholas beat Ainebyona Amon / Mwenyi Mathew (2-0) 21-0, 21-0
* Nakalema Hafsa / Alobo Prossy beat Nammanda Josephine / Agaba Diana (2-1) 16-21, 21-18, 15-5
* Kato Emma / Dheyongera Nicholas beat Nsubuga Hannington / Omedo Isaac (2-1) 21-14, 18-21, 15-11
Dakar, Senegal, January 27, 2015- Hosts Senegal and emerging Gambia men and women teams proceeded to
Cairo, Egypt, January 20, 2015- The African Volleyball Confederation "CAVB" announced the full